Skymax wind turbines are garbage

We Bought the shymax wind turbine called the freedom wind turbine off of ebay for about $500. The turbine was advertised to make 1700 watts and make power at 6 mph wind.

Nothing could be further from the truth if fact this product make barley any power even in 20-30 mph winds. We get a lot of run around and only cotact through ebay messages which indicate that it is my fault because the tower is not up 65 feet. Our turbine had seen 30 mph wind and not cracked 100 watts for a brief moment.

Skymax wind turbine are garbage and a waste of good money if you need to actually live off of the power you generate. Nice lawn ornament though.

Product or Service Mentioned: Skymax Wind Wind Turbine.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 08, 2016.

Comments

Oscoda, Michigan, United States #1302399

I have three skymax wind turbines and they have made a lot of power for me and I am very happy with them. That being said,

I am off grid and on an Island and where we get a lot of wind.

Saint-Felix-De-Valois, Quebec, Canada #1258637

I have bought a 1 kw wind turbine with controler for more than 2000$ US . Same result as your experience !!!

Blade went away after 2 weeks , bad parameters .

Send me new blade and even at 65f over I haven't see more than 2 amps for few seconds at 25 mph wind . Totally *** and SCAM product !!!

mfdomotique2012 at gmail dot com

Saint-Felix-De-Valois, Quebec, Canada #1258634

Blade went away after 2 weeks , bad parameters .

Skymax wind turbine charge control fire hazzard

skymax wind turbines an e bay seller skymaxwindturbine sold us a charge controller on e bay which was advertised to be capable 10000 watts and 441 amps. This controller stuck the relay in the open position within the first week of use.

This controller ruined about 2000$ worth of new batteries and about caught my off grid solar shed on fire. There were burn marks on the wall. This company is a joke and their customer service is non existent and they are rude. We tried calling their affiliated store due to the extent of the damage to speak with someone but were refused service.

We were told to message through e bay. Their solution was to send the item back for them to examine to determine if they would replace the product. No concern for the extensive damage they created and offered little more than to try to shift the blame in how "I hooked the item up" There is no wrong way to hook this item up and their pathetic attitude and customer service is why we are writing this report. BUYER BEWARE.

Although this product was rated at 10000 watts it about burned down our building using less than 1000 watts. These controllers all appear to be the same as sold by other sellers and I would do my research prior to buying any of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Skymax Wind Wind Turbine Charge Controller.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: replacment of our battery bank and a reputable charge controller.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 14, 2016.